1. What if I don't have much time?
Dr. Mary understands the life of a busy parent! She has created the membership content so it can be consumed in bite-sized pieces. The Facebook LIVEs and many of the other videos will be recorded and available for viewing whenever you have a moment to spare.
2. Does this group focus on a specific parenting stage? Many of the parenting principles we discuss will help with parenting at ANY stage. We also will delve into specific parenting challenges (like tantrums & potty training for toddlers, social media boundaries for teens, etc.), so you will have the opportunity to get specific questions answered pertinent to the stage you are in. Fortunately, Dr. Mary has personal experience parenting infants, toddlers, preschoolers, school-age kids, teenagers, and adult children and can relate to ALL these stages!
3. What parenting theories/styles does Dr. Mary align with? Dr. Mary supports ideas from various parenting approaches including positive parenting, responsive parenting, and intentional parenting. Her goal is for you to glean the best wisdom from all reasonable approaches and apply what works!
4. What role do religion & spirituality play in Compassion Parenting? Dr. Mary values spirituality and finds that matters of parenting and family often intersect with faith and/or values. The Compassion Parenting Community is meant to be a respectful, inspiring space where varied perspectives will enrich the dialogue.
5. Do I have to pay extra for the retreat if I'm a member? If you're a current member with an active subscription at the time of the retreat, you receive a free ticket as a membership benefit. If you're not yet a member and would like to purchase a retreat ticket, this comes with a one-year membership to Compassion Parenting! Either way, we've got you covered :)
6. What if I decide to cancel? You are free to cancel at any time by contacting email@example.com. We welcome your feedback and will do our best to make your Compassion Parenting Membership worthwhile!
7. Can Dr. Mary provide individual medical advice to group members?
Dr. Mary will provide education about specific pediatric health topics, but cannot give individualized medical advice to those outside her clinical practice. If you reside within the State of Utah and would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Wilde (in-person or virtual), contact Imagine Pediatrics Behavioral Health and Wellness HERE
. For those traveling to the Southern Utah area, weekend intensives for Anxiety and ADHD are also available.
8. Does my spouse need a separate membership to participate? Your spouse or partner is welcome to participate with you in the zoom sessions and at the retreat. You can also request they be added to the Facebook group :)
9. What if I have other questions? Questions can be posed to the group in the Compassion Parenting Facebook community or can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.